European businesses can already order form Amazon for som time by providing their VAT number at registration. By doing so, European VAT rules will apply and when ordering outside their home country, companies will not be charged domestic VAT. Now, Amazon goes one step further and is offering specific services for business customers with a valid VAT number.
These services are bundles under the brand Amazon Business. An Amazon Business account offers a whole range of possibilities and services that are important to small and big companies. Below you find an an overview of the most important option that Amazon offers for business customers. These services are continuously updated and improved:
- Pay on invoice with a 30-day payment term. Of course, companies can also pay with a company credit or procurement card (VISA/MASTERCARD).
- Multiple accounts (for employees) can be linked to the same company-account.
- Approval work flows: the company administrator can define approval flows. New purchases for a company can follow specific approval routes depending on the person who orders the goods. This is a very useful feature for larger companies who want to control their purchases.
- PO numbers: business accounts can add PO references to their orders at check-out. These references can facilitate the reconciliation and payment process for accounting departments and therefore optimize the internal processes if the company does not use specific integrations of procurement systems (see next point).
- Its even possible to integrate Amazon purchases with existing procurement systems such as Ariba, Coupa, Onventis, Pool4Tool, SAP SRM, Jaegger/SciQuest, NEWTRON, Veenion en 2Bits. Integrations with other ERP systems are being developed.
- Reporting and analysis tools to analyse procurement spend.
- Special offers for office materials, electronics, parts, etc…
- Price announcements without VAT (did you know you don’t pay for VAT when buying in another country in the EU?)
- Large catalogue of industrial products (eg safety equipment, titanium drills, OEM parts, …)
- English Amazon website with English klantendienst with Amazon Germany.
Want to know more? Here you can find the instruction to register as a company (Amazon Germany). Tip: follow first these instructions to set Amazon to English.